Thursday 5 December 2013

My Bad Habit! (this was written in a rush)

I was not in the mood to write anything today because today is supposed to be a busy day for us at work. A day we are coming together to celebrate us. A fun event of team building and Christmas party. But here I am again in front of the computer writing a piece to leave with my readers to analyse and this time I want a solution from you guys.

I once attended a workshop and one of the speakers talked about how women never watch or read news and said its the reason they are behind when it comes business because opportunities exist in news. I realized that this was to an extent very true, and I had to cut down on my "soapie" hours, with the believe that i will start watching and reading news, but even today i still don't and it really pains me. 

I always wish that the concentration I use watching Telemundo channel could be the same concentration on news channels. This is very sad because as an entrepreneur I have to be up-to date with current news, know whats happening around the world and get first hand information not hear from the streets. But when it comes to news I am always the last person to know, from other people for that matter and the funny thing is how people will always be surprised; "Ao Tsaone, you didn't know?" and that's it.

Not that I never switch on the TV or radio or watch, but the funny thing is when these news are shown on TV especially if they involve a person, I don't listen, I start talking about that person, how i know that person, what they did. I never listen to what is being said at that moment.

I remember when Michael Jackson passed on , during the news i had to make fun of him telling people about him and never heard that he has passed until later that day when I heard people talking about in the streets, it was painful because I watched the news but did hear anything. Same thing happened when Paul Walker died and thanks to Facebook to inform me when I had watched him in news that day and didnt care to listen to what was being said.

And today I am really sad because I heard from people this morning that our hero Nelson Mandela has passed on when I saw the news and didn't bother myself listening to what was being said. Is this a disease or what? Am I normal? Cant I concentrate just for a few minutes to listen to news? I need help and URGENTLY..... Anyway I am out to play soccer, "Team e thata ka nna" Blessed weekend!

No comments: