Tuesday 26 November 2013

Just for Laughs...Cowardliness

I know from my previous post I told you a man should act tough no matter their fears but there are so many incidents that happened, those I heard, saw and experienced which left me speechless. I kept wondering, "What was he thinking?", but then concluded that, only men could do that.

I still fail to understand what goes on a man`s mind when he faces a close to death situation, I have never seen anything as coward as a man. I know people will not agree with me but its the truth, well not all men are cowards but those who are, go beyond the word coward, those who will scream and run away from their own shadow.

So, we were at the cattle-post and this cousin of mine went to collect ostrich eggs. He went ridding on a donkey, so he collected, and as he was leaving, the ostrich saw him and came running after him. For some reason he felt that the donkey was not running as fast as he wanted and the ostrich was approaching. Guess what he did! He jumped off the donkey and opted for his God given legs. You can imagine the screams he made when the donkey now passed him and vanished before his eyes, and what happened next, I cant tell... And I couldn't help wondering, "What was he thinking?". He never came close to number 5 at school in athletics...or maybe he forgot.

And then these guys got robbed at night, it was a few hours after they got home from the night club, they were tired and fell into deep sleep. Luckily for them, the robbery went so well because one of them was not drunk and managed to wake up as soon as the thief broke the window. The thief pointed something black at him (that's what he said, and apparently it was the handle of the pot) and immediately he raised his hands #I am sure he watch too much action movies#. Anyway, so the thief whispered "Hey where is your phone and wallet?" This guy couldn't even speak, he just collected them and gave them to the thief through the window."What about your friends? Search them", asked the thief again. Our poor guy did exactly that and handed the items to the thief. As if this was not enough, the thief asked "Is this the only room, go and search the other rooms and come back!" I am sure we know what he did, exactly that! The last instruction was "Now go back to sleep. Sharp!" What was he thinking? hehehehe. Men and their cowardliness....

My grandfather used to tell us about his friend who always practiced how he was going to run away in case they got attacked when they went hunting for lions and leopards back then. And I always thought it was a joke. Any slight movement from the shrubs, he was ready to go and they never gave him a gun or bottle of water, or food, because they knew he will run away with them. They gave him a cup and he will make sure its tied tightly on his waist and that it wont disturb his hands when he is running. He will pace around the yard before they left just to make sure!...ha men! 

Women are courageous, don't even argue that one....



No comments: